Wednesday, April 26, 2006

couch etiquette

I never thought too much about the visitor etiquette of couch sitting until a friend of mine visited me in college and wouldn't sit at the edge because it was, apparently, the most confortable spot on it relative to where it was in relation to the television.

So, since then, I alway make a conscious effort to be polite when visiting friends by sitting where it would continue to make the visitee comfortable in their own home (aka they get to sit in "their spot").

Well, I guess I should have figured out where that placement was before deciding to switch it up in Unit 3, where I totally moved from one end off Adam's couch to the other end for this week's episode of 24.

As he provided us drinks and took a seat, I heard,

Is this yours?

as he produced a glass of water from the floor by his side of the couch. Yes, it was indeed mine as I recalled placing it there during the last episode of 24 (last week) and told myself not to forget about it. Before we all could recover from our laughter, I heard,

Is THIS yours?

and I looked up to see him holding up a bottle of Poland Spring on his other hand. There was no question about it, as we usually have cases of the commodity in stock, and when he followed that a few minutes later asking

Are these your socks?

I believed him and his canard for a split second.

2 comments:

Liza said...

Crate & Barrel? :)

Shaman8933 said...

lol...my couch is comfy everywhere...I don't have one really... =) do you?