Monday, April 03, 2006

three dollar desideratum

Saturday morning started with a walk to the Bagel Smashery. It was such a nice day too! We walked over to Hoboken, bought our bagels and sat on a bench near Washington St. to eat them.

I drove into NY to go to my class and stopped by my house to visit my parents. The basement is almost finished and it looks really nice. They put a lot of insulation in the walls so it made the room look a little smaller than before, but the windows looked huge and it made the room, with its new walls, ceilings, closet, and lights look really bright and feel more like a regular room as oppose to a musty basement feel.


We went to Central Jersey to take a friend out for his birthday and saw V for Vendetta , which I really liked. We arrived at the theater early and were playing games until the birthday friend arrived. Their game selection was weak and I could not play my beloved crane-grab-the-toy game because I did not have any three-dollar-bills on my person.

Afterwards, we went to Thai Kitchen II where we feasted on the house special duck, satae, and pad thai.

Sunday we went to NY and walked from the West Village to Chelsea to go to a museum. We had some NY pizza by the Empire State before taking the PATH back. Then we walk home from there. We probably walk at least 7 miles this weekend. It feels good to be in a place that has sidewalks again.


Our neighbor came back from his vacation and we spent a bunch of time just talking and laughing. At some point we were making paper hats. I don't know how it got to that. It looked like an origami competition.

Then we ended up watching some movie at his place. We totally missed a good half of it and fell asleep on his couch. It started off pretty good but there were so many characters and I was so tired I couldn't keep up with who was who.


Note: Desideratum - Something desired or considered necessary, as in fun and crane games that give you toys you don't really need and/or want.

4 comments:

noel said...

$3 dollar bill?!? does not compute! does not compute!

what class are you taking?

Shaman8933 said...

Music classes...the fun never stops!

Shaman8933 said...

It was fun, but freeze tag is also fun! Loren, we should play badminton!

Liza said...

Yum, New York pizza... and oh, the FLAT sidewalks...