Friday, April 21, 2006

hey, aren't you from...

Usually when one sees a famous person, one is never quick to assume that it's who they think it is. I once saw Mr. Big on 8th street in the Village and these 2 Asian girls froze before asking, "Aren't you [fill in the blank] ?"

achewood5
He graciously approved as they began the picture-taking.

So I always wondered what it would be like to be famous and get "spotted" until it happened one day and I'll tell you where: it was in a
Vampire Store in San Francisco. It may have been the head of Philippe peaking out of my sweater, but I was recognized for having been one of the top runner-ups from an Achewood photo contest.

The girl was even able to recite what Chris captioned under my picture. I also must mention that I walked all over Halifax looking for this place called "The Snug" because I thought that was the neatest name evar and I wanted a picture of us standing in front of it. It is 110% something Philippe would do and I was actually turned-on to the comic because someone in college (who read it at the time) said the otter reminded him of me.


Don't you just love pointless adventures!

2 comments:

noel said...

you are a pointless adventure!

Shaman8933 said...

the point is to survive