Monday, June 26, 2006

cookie cupidity

So a few weeks ago, more like the last week of May, there was this UPS notice floating around the lobby of my house. The first attempt notice, it was hard to read who the package was from. Ivan had many suggestions and after staring at it for a while I thought it said Cookie Outlet(!!!).

I was laughed at for that by 2/3 of the building. I guess that sounded rediculous to some.

block_upper_left
So then I got a second notice and it didn't say who that was from. Eventually Adam saw the UPS guy lurking outside of our place and acquired the goods. I was the from the Cookie Outlet!

Inside was a batch of brownies that turned out to be the best brownies EVAR But there was no note in it for who it was from. There was a like note in it that said ...we are proud to offer this premium selection to our Loyal Customers and Hope you and your Family enjoy then as much as we do...but I have never ordered from them before or even heard of them so how would I be a loyal customer?

I thought perhaps it was from Lilibeth, who once sent me a huge cookie for my birthday a few years ago from Mrs. Fields. Yesterday I was talking to Dr. Cini online, one of my best friends, and she asked me Hey, did you ever get my cookie?

Oh! You mean the brownies?!?! That was YOU?!?!

Mystery solved! Thanks Cini!!

So when I was researhing this company (I had to make sure this package wasn't a trap!) it seems that there is a lack of Italian bakeries in the mid-West. Hence a lack of Italian cookies. Apparently Italian-cookie lovers have this company as the only resoure for getting their hands on Italian cookies in their respective remote locations and they all love this place. I do too. I'd eat it all up like the fat kid that's in me.

3 comments:

noel said...

cannibal! why did you have to eat that fat kid?

Shaman8933 said...

i dunno! sometimes i just get carried away! caught in the moment...the fat kid ate my cupcake...

Shaman8933 said...

LOL...I didn´t take that picture! I took it off their website...I should have taken a picture of the brownies they sent me but we ate them before I even thought of it... =P