Tuesday, May 23, 2006

NY Culinary Festival

Thursday after the softball game, I came home to U2 and U3 plotting to get pizza and ice cream. As I got settled they entered their journey into the wilderness. Our Director of Suspicious Activity (DSA) was able to secure some evidence of SA in Hoboken. Video awaits. I heated up the oven to warm up the pizza and we just hung out and talked.

Friday - passed out early! Woke up at midnight STARVING! So we headed out to Malibu to have some food and stayed up late watching Conan do some pole dancing. He is SO funny.

Saturday, went into Queens and got caught in traffic on my way back (mental note: summer street fairs in the city = bad bad traffic) so I decided to hang out in NY until it was time to meet up with my friend and his gf who was in from California. It was a really nice day and we went to the New York Culinary Festival. We were actually suppose to see a movie that night but they ended up seeing it the day before, which worked out perfectly because we found out about this and all wanted to go. Lloyd, being a vegetarian, even found some chocolate vegan cake and there was a whole table of vegetarian cuisine.

IMG_7911 IMG_7914
IMG_7922
His girlfriend tried the chips and guacamole. My favorite was the Chocolate Souffle. They were raffling off an Easy Bake Oven - I'm not sure if that's how they made all the souffle cakes, but oh man, I don't think I want to know. My hunny and I split everything we got so that we wouldn't fill up to fast and could try more things. We also tried some of the wine and had some Chicken Quesadillas. All of which were wonderful.
IMG_7921 IMG_7926
IMG_7931
There was fruit sculpting too. They had very detailed sculptings on Cantalopes and watermelon. If you are able to zoom in on those pictures, you'd get a better idea of how much work went into it. Lloyd's gf's favorite was a tea made by Avalon tea bar by Union Square. She had some drink called Genius and I think I'm going to head down there one day to try it out at the store.

At 11pm the Spin Doctors were suppose to play, but we weren't ambitious enough to stay that long nor to come back to see them. We did however catch Nashville Attitude practicing or doing sound check. They were pretty good.

Then we walked around NY by Rockefeller, where there was some Rock Art Exhibit. There were some peculiar art films and other art forms to see.

IMG_7934 IMG_7937
IMG_7936

Probably one of the highlights was this one man dancing with some girl who were working at a radio station. I have great video of that, which I will add later (so check back for it!). Afterwards, we went back into the hood to meet up with Elvia for some more fun.

We hypothesized crashing Sobray's friend's BBQ (he only wanted to be in the blog! You could at least say something!) but instead ended up going to the new Charrito's again. It's just that good my friends.

We sat outside but when the temperature dropped they happily moved us inside where it was toasty warm. I think that all of us are going though summer happy thoughts, since we weren't dressed appropriately for the sudden yet predicted drop in temperature. I love the pitchers they use over there; they're so colorful!

IMG_7938 IMG_7939

Sunday = shopping! I think I have been meaning to go shopping the whole year. When I went shopping during the holiday season, I didn't really see anything that caught my eye, but at this point I was running out of some necessities. I didn't really get everything I needed to get, but boy did I spend a lot. I didn't even mean to spend that much, it just happened and when I would see things I loved, I didn't even hesitate because I can get pretty picky with this stuff.

Anyway, I still need to get new sneakers. Mine are probably 3 years old and have no soles. Cleats so that I don't mess up my new sneakers and so that I don't go slipping on bases like I did last Thursday where I was clearly safe but slid right off 3rd base because it was raining and there are no more treads on my sneakers, which are kinda gross at this point. Hmm...and new black shoes because my shoes are probably at least 4 years old. I also need new casual shoes because mine are probably 5 years old. Geez, I need to take better care of myself.

IMG_7943 IMG_7945

So anyway, I ended up buying some things I wanted to wear on my vacation and a bunch of stuff for work; so watch out for the new spring lineup! So then Elvia and I went to the Seaport and ate at Uno's. There was a concert going on outside...a Merengue band and there were SO MANY PEOPLE drinking, dancing, and enjoying the day. We had some drinkie drinks and had some time to rest our feet.

IMG_7949 IMG_7950

We had some killer flat-bread pizza that was so good, we ended up taking 2 more pies home to U2 and U3 who waited in my car in Hoboken to pick up the goods. Eventually it got so cold we went inside to finish out drinks, pay the bill, and wait for the other pizzas. What a pizza week it was! It was such a nice day, I think all the raining had left the sky really blue and the clouds so fluffy white.

5 comments:

noel said...

ahh i miss the NY brand of chaos.

noel said...

and props to the blair witch for taking that picture of ivan and that kid.

PAYOK said...

Hey,

have you tried Grimaldi's in Hoboken? Dude, their pizza is kickass. Its amazing: you can taste the tomatoes, the cheese and the dough/bread all at one time, but still seperately. You know what I mean?

Anyway, here, I finally created an account. I been meaning to leave comments!

Allright, any big plans for the long weekend?

Later, P

Shaman8933 said...

Yeah! Actually, that pizza I was talking about last Thursday was from Grimaldi's. It's by the same owners of Patsy's, according to the DSA. YUM! So good!

No plans as of yet. Eating dinner with the fam...a friend is having a grad party so I may go to that...not sure what else...how about you?

Shaman8933 said...

Awww...don't worry! Don't feel bad! People schedules conflict all the time! It's normal! =)