Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Whipped Cream & Other Delights

I bought Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass' Whipped Cream & Other Delights a few weeks ago and it finally came in the mail this weekend.

Oh my gosh! This is my new favorite CD! I've been listening to it nonstop for DAYS! I first heard of it when a member from Ozo mentioned that they were performing one of the songs in the remake of this CD (Whipped Cream & Other Delights Rewhipped).

The remastered version of this 1965 album makes the music seem so fresh and they are so ON POINT that it's sick!

I have not bought the Rewhipped album yet. I want to let this one soak in for a few days/weeks...

On a related note:
Ozo is playing with Herb Alpert next Friday March 31st on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

They'll be performing Love Potion #9 in support of Herb's new remix album "Whipped Cream & Other Delights, ReWhipped."

Late Friday Night March 31st, 12:35pm, CBS

Set your Tivo, VCRs and reminders.

Apparently they just recently played on Leno. How on earth did that get by me?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
This performance got cancelled! Noo!

5 comments:

noel said...

ozo will be at the house of blues in anaheim in may. i'm going to see them and tell them that you're no longer groupie #1.

Shaman8933 said...

you people have to stop using the word groupie...I'm their #1 Fan! When in May are they playing?

noel said...

yeah, i thought she was talking about the food also.

they're out in anaheim 5/27, 5/28.

Shaman8933 said...

That's near my birthday! Hmmmmm....maybe I'll treat myself...I haven't seen any shows on the East Coast for a while...

noel said...

you should come out!