Monday, March 27, 2006

Quest for the Best Pancakes EVAR

metro diner
If there is anything I like about New Jersey it's that there are many diners and if you look hard enough, you may just find the one that has the best pancakes you've ever tasted. For me, that place is the Metro Diner in Ringoes, NJ. This diner is near my old apartment in Neshanic Station.

They have, probably hands down, the best pancakes EVAR!

bison

Our old neighbors once claimed though that the Spinning Wheel Diner in Whitehouse Station had the best pancakes. So, in order to confirm these allegations we did indeed make a trip out (different trip, different day) to Whitehouse Station, made a left after the field of Buffalos, and found our way to the Spinning Wheel diner.

I tried their pancakes, and while it's pretty hard to mess up breakfast food (the Midtown Diner in Hoboken made an art out of messing up breakfast foods before they "caught" fire), theirs was not as toothsome as Metro's. Sorry Spinning Wheel!

IMG_7444
Another plus about Metro is that they give you your own pot of coffee so that you never really have to wait for a refill. All coffee lovers are able to appreciate this. If you live in in that area, I would recommend driving yourself out there and trying the pancakes out in this place. If you know of any noteworthy diners closer to the Hudson County area, let me know. Another plus about diners is that, although they're pretty quick with their orders, you don't feel AS rushed to come and go as a just-as-popular place in the city makes you feel.

comedyvillage
Another weekend highlight was our Saturday Night retreat to Comedy Village. Comedy Village is formerly known as the Boston Comedy Club, but for some reason unknown to me, they changed the name as well as a number of other things (aka people). The headliner was Judah Friedlander, the World Champion of the World. No matter what answer you would give him to a question, he would have something to say to beat you or outsmart you.

He is truly the world champion.

judah: What do you do?
student: Programmer.
judah: me too.

judah: What do YOU do?
man: I work for the government.
judah: me too.

judah: How long have you guys been dating?
Ivan: Two and a half years.
judah: Three and a half.

4 comments:

noel said...

OMG pancake frenzy

Liza said...

There was some diner in some part of Jersey near Fairly Ridiculous University (sorry for the life of me I cannot remember the actual name of that school) that had some pretty good banana/chocolate chip pancakes...

Mmm... pancakes...

Shaman8933 said...

Oh man, there was this small cafe in San Francisco that had the best corn meal pancakes!

Shaman8933 said...

I've been there. I've had their chocolate pancakes. They have the .com too! www.pancakes.com