Monday, January 15, 2007

Annie Leibovitz


On Sunday my Father had planned on stopping by to help install some things for me, but he ended up cancelling. This gave me the perfect opportunity to catch the Annie Leibovitz exhibit Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life, 1990–2005, which has a book of the same title, at the Brooklyn Museum.


By the time I got there, it was a little past 3pm, but the line was out the door and around the premisis. After an hour and a half, we reached the ticket counter and finally made our way in. Annie Leibovitz is probably my favorite photographer because she does it all and she doesn't conform herself to one style, they say "
her pictures are almost as varied as her subjects." She mostly does portraits and I love taking people's portraits.

Anyway, her exhibit was awesome! I can't remember a time where I went to an exhibit and had to stop and read all the signs. I don't know what it is.

Afterwards we went into Tribeca and found the best Latin Bistro EVAR, Ideya! They bring you out a basket of banana chips that were awesome and salsa that was awesome. I ordered the Costillas de Reyes (braised beef short ribs, roasted sweet potato, beet salad, orange gravy) and that was the best beef short ribs EVAR! (Although the one I had at Knickerbocker was awesome too!) Ivan had the Chuleta Rellena, which is
cornbread & chorizo stuffed grilled pork chop, apple-tomato slaw, sherry wine sauce. How can you go wrong with that combo! I found my new favorite restaurant! You have to try this place!

We also tried the Sangria Blanco and the Sangria Roja, and thee Banana Tres Leches Cake (Latin sponge cake made with three milks, banana cream sauce) and the Ideya Flan.

I need to plan a trip back here....EGW dinner? Brunch of the month?

My camera battery failed to recharge (*grrr*) and I didn't get any pictures except those I posted to my mobile blog, but better than nothing! :)

9 comments:

noel said...

i'm not a big fan of taking portraits. i take pictures of people every so often, but to me, i don't know why, but it kinda feels invasive. maybe i'm like one of those stereotypical natives who thinks that your soul is captured if someone takes your picture.

Shaman8933 said...

yeah you are

Shaman8933 said...

p.s. the exhibit is going to be in San francisco and in san diego...you guys should try to catch it!

Caroline said...

sandra i didn't know you were in bklyn last week -- that museum is like 5 blocks from my house ! i may see the exhibit sometime this wkend... yeah we should do another (yearly) brunch of the month !

Shaman8933 said...

Oh really?! I should have stopped by for dinner!

Did you make it to the museum?? I didn't plan to go but my dad was suppose to come over and he cancelled last minute so I took a trip! =)

noel said...

brunch of the month on february 10th weekend?

Caroline said...

i went to the museum but didn't end up waiting in line for the show. too bad.

next time you should come to my house !

noel you will be back in ny feb 10 wkend ?

Shaman8933 said...

are we doing brunch or dinner tho?

noel said...

lol ok, yearly brunch of the month at caroline's house for dinner.