Saturday, August 04, 2012

Attending Outdoor Baseball Games (for Dummies)


Rules for Baseball Game Attendance (for Dummies)

I recently went to a baseball game in Philly and was completely unprepared.  I had no idea we'd be tailgating - it was actually the first time I've ever tailgated.  In fact, I had to interrupt a conversation (this was ~9 years ago...) by some of my co-workers with questions about their tailgating agenda for the afternoon,
Wait a minute.  You're going to get groceries just so you can go tailgating??
Then images of them both behind a steering wheel  creating non-safe driving distances filled my mind.  One of them easily knew what was causing my confusion and bridged my gap.   

Anyway, if this list doesn't help others, at the very least, it will help remind me in the future:

What to Bring to an [Outdoor] Baseball Game (or any other outdoor sporting event):

  1. Sunscreen - Especially for your face and forehead.  All pieces of skin that can hit the sun and be cooked - face, arms, legs, neck, hands 
  2. White / Light-colored Clothing - I was wearing black because I am constantly defrosting.  Not good.
  3. Hat / Visor - This is helpful especially if you forgot sunscreen for your face.  
  4. Sunglasses - I think that's a given for summer but some may not - not assuming here... Sunglasses has to be used in combo with sun screen or a hat so you don't get raccoon eyes.  
  5. Camera - you should just always have one with you.

OPTIONAL / WHERE NEEDED
  • glove if you're close enough that a ball would come flying at you.
  • no glove if you're told to meet at a room because it's more likely than not glassed in
  • a chair if you're going to be in an open park
A week later I found out that mine's wasn't the only forehead that peeled - even some of the more experienced sport fans got burned!  This peeling thing only happened to me once before (I think last time was much worse though).  This time I put Vaseline all over my face the 2nd night into this and the next day, it was almost non-noticeable, if not gone...

    1 comment:

    Joe Rayback CillDara Sports said...

    nice ground................