Monday, August 20, 2007

Vacation Starters

It's not everyday where you get to enjoy your home and where you live. Especially when you spend so much time working....so, anyways...

I finally took a ride out on Saturday to check out and photograph some parts of New Jersey. I visted a very pretty neighborhood by the beach with some of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen!
SE1Q2146 SE1Q2164
SE1Q2173 SE1Q2188
SE1Q2241 SE1Q2243

It was SUCH a nice day! Picture perfect! (Too cold for beach weather though.) Some kid who said he was going to be famous one day asked if I was a photographer and asked that I take his picture because he almost signed a record deal but had to go do some time for something that happened. He's mixing again though so watch out world!

The evening brought about an early Weston show at
Maxwell's. I've never seen them play before but it was one of the funnest concerts I've been to. It was actually the earlier show we saw because the late show was sold out.

SE1Q2256-edited-c SE1Q2272-c

Sunday I had an awesome bran muffin at
Malibu that made we want to drink a gallon of Lacas. (I was just impressed to see that they had a web site just now...). I can't even remember the last time I had Lacas coffee or where it was I use to go to to drink it. It may have been Felix #9. I digress, but I'd buy Lacas coffee by the pound. Anyway, the day turned out pretty dreary but I managed to get in about half of a photoshoot that I had planned as well as get my jeans soaked up to my knees. I didn't really mind it so much though because the temperature wasn't too cold or hot.

On Monday Loren stopped by! Lana is SO CUTE! :)

SE1Q2406
She couldn't stay for too long because she had a few other things going on, but I was so glad I was around to see them! So cute Loren!!!

We walked all the way down to Hoboken and split ways at 23rd Street. I went to Adorama to get some supplies (*sigh* => ) followed by a 5:30 meeting at Union Square to get to THE BEST PIZZA EVAR (
L&B Spumoni Gardens)!!!!


SE1Q2411
Yes, no doubt that the CitySearch reviews caught my eye with so much feedback while maintaining a five star average. The long haul was worth it! I've never had such a good slice of Sicilian pizza, chicken parm (which came with the best knish evar!), a bottle of Riesling, coffee, and tiramisu. I think this was the only meal of our day. And make no mistake that when i bit into the lady finger at the end, I almost fell off my chair.

SE1Q2415
Highly, seriously, highly recommended. You can thank me later or just bring me with you and buy me a slice. hehe... and just for the record, a picture of us in Brooklyn's own Ave. V.

SE1Q2417 SE1Q2421

Getting off at Canal to run around some more, we stopped by a place called
Cachaca to catch some jazz show that we saw an ad for at Maxwell's.

SE1Q2427

I forget how much I miss riding the Subway. It's such a different frame of mind and it's more relaxing because you have more time to think and, if you're brave enough, nap.


You know you've done it.

Seriously though, you don't need to spend a lot of money going to far away places, although it's awesome, when you live near NYC. You can go into any neighborhood and find some of the best food, music, shopping, and culture that you can't find anywhere else.


Also, my hand still hurts...should I be charging a claim against the building insurance since it was the door that hurt me?

2 comments:

noel said...

i'll have to verify this sicilian pizza claim...

Shaman8933 said...

it's the best EVAR!!!!