Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Admissions is Different


admissions
Originally uploaded by shaman8933.
As of yesterday night, I have a new favorite movie: Admissions

You have to see this movie!
It's such a good movie!!! I can relate SO MUCH to the main character. Don't read what it's about and just see it with no idea what it's going to be about!

I loved how the main character gets along so well with her sister and it seems like she picked up some of her mannerisms. The sisters are SO NICE to each other. So is her guy friend...it's so nice to see people SO NICE to each other. I want this girl to me MY best friend, we'd get along so well. Which makes me think that I'm abnormal in some way. But what is normal is just some personal mental acceptance of what you know, do, and are comfortable with. If what other people do and say things that are unfamiliar to you, they'll call it weird...maybe everyone should stop using the word "weird" and use the word "different."

So that way, instead if hearing

"You're so weird..."


you, instead hear,

"You're so different..."

Which sounds so much more flattering. Actually, when people use the word "weird" with me, I have already trained my brain to hear the word "different." This is one of many translations I have made in my head in order to make life more pleasant.*

On a different note, I'm looking to do upgrades to my house and found this website called contractors.com . It seems pretty cool that you can see feedback from all these companies about who stayed within budget, on-schedule, and on-quality work. I'm guessing that if a company is getting bad revews from here they may take their name off the site's database.

I think everything should be rated on. Are there any web sites that do this? I know there's a rateitall.com but they don't seem to be to all-encompasing yet. I think I was looking at them to find a Moving Company but they didn't have a large selection. I ended up picking a horrible company that lost $15,000 worth of stuff and them tried to deliver a shipment that wasn't even mine. You think they would check the lot # with our name, but that just makes too much sense.

* Sandra brain translations are copyright of smarti, LLC(c) 1998.

1 comment:

Shaman8933 said...

It's sooooo good!!!!